2018- 2019 Boy Scout Merit Badge Program Schedule
- Payment: Payment is due at the time of registration. Your registration is not confirmed until payment is received. You can pay via credit card online or call 815-965-8146. You may also register in person at the Klehm Visitor Center.
- Parents/Scout leaders: Parents or scout leaders are not required to stay for the merit badge session. Scout leaders receive free admission with registered scouts. Parents and siblings may stay and take a self-guided tour of the Arboretum and would be required to pay the admission fee. There is a special reduced admission fee of $3 for any parent or sibling, with a paid scout registration.
- Cancellations: Klehm Arboretum reserves the right to limit enrollment and cancel any program, in which case a full refund will be issued. Klehm Arboretum will not issue refunds in the event that you have to cancel. With 7-day advance notice, you may be able to apply the payment to a future merit badge session or transfer it to another scout.
- Counselors: All programs are led by BSA approved Merit Badge Counselors.
- Programs: Scouts are responsible for completing all prerequisites. The prerequisites are listed for each merit badge. If scouts do not complete the prerequisites, they will be given a partial merit badge completion form. Scouts that complete the prerequisites after the session, can provide proof of completion and the partial merit badge form or blue card will be signed by the Klehm merit badge counselor.
- Badges, Pins, and Blue Cards are not provided. (No service fees will be charged on PayPal payment.)
Registration for 2018 classes is now CLOSED.