Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden is a non-profit
organization sustained by the generosity of members and friends.
Each charitable gift supports Klehm’s Mission Statement: to maintain a living museum for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of all people.
Give to the Garden
Why is your charitable contribution important? Klehm memberships cover approximately 20% of expenses. So, every charitable gift directly supports our mission, allowing children and adults to explore the wonders of nature. In these challenging times, your gift truly impacts our growth!
Planned giving enables individuals to make charitable gifts now or after their lifetime. Unlike cash gifts, planned gifts are typically made from a donor’s estate. Not just for the wealthy, planned giving empowers people of modest means to make a difference.
Tribute and Memorial Gifts
A tribute gift in honor or memory is a distinctive way to:
- Celebrate weddings, anniversaries, retirements or birthdays
- Commemorate the birth of a child or grandchild
- Remember a friend or loved one
Klehm welcomes contributions in any amount. Gifts are fully eligible for a charitable income tax deduction and directly support operations, collections and educational programs. Your gift will be recognized with a special card sent to the honoree or your designated recipient. The gift amount is confidential.
Klehm Arboretum strives to create a healthy and happy environment in which volunteers can enjoy their work. Some of the rewards of volunteering at Klehm include:
- Opportunity to meet and develop friendships with others who share your interests.
- Supportive environment in which you can use your skills and experience.
- Flexible scheduling that works with your busy lifestyle.
- An invitation to a special Volunteer Appreciation Event each year.
- Access to exclusive volunteer educational opportunities.
- A free Klehm shirt for 75 hours of service in a calendar year.
- Two free passes for every 25 hours volunteer service.
There are many reasons to become a Klehm member. The first reason, of course, is daily access to Klehm’s 155 acres of signature gardens and woodland beauty of the arboretum. With two miles of accessible paths, people of all ages and physical abilities can connect with nature on a personal level. Plus, the whole family can enjoy discounted or free child and adult programs, community events and the health benefits of walking and playing outdoors. Your membership support also improves the quality of life in the Rockford region. Public gardens reflect community values and compliment the built environment in ways that attract businesses and economic prosperity.