Reports To: Rentals Manager
FLSA Status: Part-time – Seasonal
Prepared Date: April 18, 2019
Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].
SUMMARY: The Visitor’s Center and Gatehouse Attendant staffs the gift shop of the Visitor’s Center and greets patrons as they arrive, providing information and collecting entry fees. In addition this position regularly staffs the Gatehouse to the arboretum to accomplish the same tasks. When staffing the Visitor’s Center, this position also provides information to patrons regarding rental venue amenities, regularly answers phone calls and inquiries, and completes sales of gift shop items. This position works weekdays and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Greet patrons as they enter the Arboretum and assist as necessary
- Promote ongoing and upcoming events, programs and classes
- Provide accurate information about the Arboretum to patrons
- Communicate and enforce visitor/use policies as necessary
- Collect entrance fees and reconciles cash daily
- Restrict entry as appropriate for special events and during hours of operation
- Record visitor information as directed
- Promote Arboretum as a rental venue, fielding inquiries and highlighting amenities available
- Open and closes Arboretum gates and Visitors Center doors daily, and display appropriate signage
- Maintain neat appearance of the Gatehouse facility and surrounding grounds
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this person must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate successfully with wide range of individuals and personalities. This individual must be friendly, detailed and able to work independently, with the ability to also work in a team-oriented atmosphere to accomplish overall goals. Must have reliable transportation. Must be able to see, hear and write. English-language speaking skills required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Customer service experience strongly preferred. Interest and knowledge of gardening, plants, horticulture and/or natural areas preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to speak and hear. Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions as necessary