2020 Volunteer Opportunities
Below you will find a list of the current volunteer needs for 2020. Check back often for updates.
Special Event Volunteers
Volunteer with us! Looking forward to 2020’s exciting events, we cannot possibly make these events happen without the help of our wonderful volunteers! Our spring events include Arbor Day, our Annual Plant Sale Fundraiser, and Garden Fair, and we could use your help to make these events successful!
- Arbor Day – Friday, April 24
- Volunteer needs: tree planting, handing out free trees, helping with the Arbor Dash 5K
- Plant Sale – Friday, May 8 and Saturday, May 9
- Volunteer needs: sorting plants, setting up for the sale, helping customers at the sale
- Garden Fair – Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7
- Volunteer needs: admissions, traffic/parking, shopping cart rental, Klehm/info table
If you’d like to sign up for any of these events, please check out our NEW Volunteer SignUp page!
Volunteer Garden Steward
This program would allow for specific groups, individuals or organizations to adopt one of our specialty gardens and be in charge of maintaining that specific garden at Klehm throughout the year. Please contact Samantha Burbach for more information.
Experience in mechanical maintenance, painting, plumbing and electrical are all needed, as well.
Enjoy the Benefits of Volunteering
Klehm Arboretum strives to create a healthy and happy environment in which volunteers can enjoy their work. Some of the rewards of volunteering at Klehm include:
- FREE one-year membership to Klehm after one continuous year of volunteer service AND over 50 hours of service
- FREE Klehm volunteer shirt
- Two FREE passes for every 25 hours of volunteer service
- An invitation to a special Volunteer Appreciation Event each year
- 10% discount at the Klehm Gift Shop
- Member admission price to special events and classes after 25 hours of volunteer service within same year
- Opportunity to meet and develop friendships with others who share your interests
- Supportive environment in which you can use your skills and experience
- Flexible scheduling that works with your busy lifestyle