FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are your hours of operation?
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden is open daily from 9 am – 4:00 pm, with time of last entry being 3:30 pm.
Is there a cost to visit Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden?
Yes*. Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden charges the public daily admission to experience our 155 acres of grounds and gardens and to assist our non-profit organization with maintaining and improving the property and facilities. Admission prices are listed below.
- $8 per adult (age 18 – 61)
- $5 per senior adult (age 62+)
- $5 per child (age 4 – 17)
- Free for children age 0 – 3
*Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden is a part of the Museums For All program, an initiative which allows any individual or family that receives SNAP benefits (such as EBT or WIC) to visit Klehm at no charge by showing their card upon entry. To learn more, click here.
**There is no daily admission fee for Klehm members.
Where do I pay admission and what does it include?
Admission is paid either at the Entry Gatehouse* or the Main Visitor’s Center (the large building located at the top of the hill) depending on the season. Daily admission includes access to all 155 acres of Klehm’s wooded trails, paved paths, botanical gardens, and the Nancy Olson Children’s Garden.
*If the Gatehouse is not staffed, please proceed to the Main Visitor’s Center to pay your admission.
Does Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden accept memberships from other gardens?
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden is a participant in the American Horticultural Society (AHS) Reciprocal Admissions Program (RAP). Klehm membership provides reciprocal admission to over 300 gardens in the United States, and we welcome members from participating RAP gardens. To receive reciprocal admission, simply present your membership card(s) from another AHS RAP organization.
Please note that our organization does enforce the 90-mile provision of the RAP program, meaning that members of gardens that are within 90 miles of Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden do not receive free admission. This includes such gardens as The Morton Arboretum and The Chicago Botanic Garden, among others. To view a list of gardens that are affected by this policy, please click here.
Does Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden offer memberships?
- Individual (1 individual age 18 – 61): $50
- Senior Individual (1 individual age 62+): $40
- Family (2 individuals age 18 – 61 and all children under 18 living in the household): $75
- Senior Family (2 individuals age 62+ and all grandchildren): $60
For more information about Klehm memberships, click here.
Am I allowed to drive Klehm's paved paths?
Are bicycles and scooters allowed?
Are dogs allowed?
What is Arboretum Etiquette?
- Please refrain from picking leaves, fruits, or seed heads from trees or other plants. (It is permissible to pick up leaves, seeds, or cones that have already fallen to the ground.)
- Stay on paved paths, nature trails, and grass.
- Do not climb trees or hang from branches. Climbing is only permitted on play structures and certain exhibits where noted by signs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Respect others in your group and other visitors. (Weddings and other private events regularly occur on Klehm grounds.)
Is there a map of Klehm's gardens and grounds?
Where are the restrooms?
Are Klehm's grounds handicapped-accessible?
Am I allowed to bring outside food and drink onto the property?
Picnic tables are located nearby the Clarcor Pavilion, as well as under the Gazebo in the Nancy Olson Children’s Garden. There are also a number of benches throughout the property, and visitors are welcome to bring a blanket and picnic on the grass.
When is the Nancy Olson Children's Garden open and running?
The Nancy Olson Children’s Garden is open year round during regular business hours. The water features in the garden, including the Kids Creek and splash pad, typically run from late May to late September. These dates are weather dependent, so please check our social media accounts for up-to-date information.
What should I bring if my family and I are visiting the Nancy Olson Children's Garden?
Do I have to check in at the Main Visitor's Center every time I visit if I am a Klehm member?
Do you have a Gift Shop?
When do the splash pad and Kid's Creek close?
The Nancy Olson Children’s Garden & water features close daily 30 minutes prior to grounds closing.